This small Excel spreadsheet
– helps you to find the best weapon modifiers for your current build in PvE and PvP
– let’s you test different consoles, sets, upgrades in theory before you spend your hard earned Dilithium, Lobis and ECs.
– gives you insights into the game’s calculation methods
How to use
1. Enter your current configuration
Use the light-colored cells in row 5 and 7 and columns E, F, G to enter your current weapon, energy levels, traits, bridgeofficers, consoles and set bonusses.
Most cells have a drop down list or a short description.
Compare the values in row 106 (Total Damage) with your actual numbers in space (i.e. ESD).
Hints and warnings:
– If you’ve double checked your equipment and the numbers still don’t match, adjust the weapon power in the spreadsheet. The values for your energy systems in the HUD are rounded down, so 121 could be 121.875.
– boosts from DOFF missions aren’t fully implemented yet.
– bridge officer and captain skills are still work in progress
2. Copy the configuration with the “Copy Reference” button.
Your current DPS values (N165-Nxxx) will be copied into column P.
If you change your setup, the difference in percent will be calculated in column Q.
3. Advanced calculations
This spreadsheet calculates the effects of critical hits and accuracy overflow. You may modify the target’s defence in G113 to match the values seen in PvP (80-180%). Or just turn off the overflow method in H114 (set to 2).
[Pen] is handled as a total damage bonus with 5 as a default. This may be correct for unshielded targets but is obviously too high vs. shielded ones. Anyway, [Pen] adds a debuff to the target making it fairly desirably, even if the raw damage of the weapon might be lower in comparison to a similar one with an additional [CrtD] mod. When teamed up with some debuffers (i.e. Recluses), [Pen] is less effective due to the damage resistance formula.
You may also add several damage buffs from bridge officer or captain’s abilities. Use the Toggle Skill choice to activate it (Row 156).
4. Compare the results
Rows 165-xxx list almost all different combinations for weapons of the same Mk level you set in cell G8. I did not include [Pen] for very or ultra rare weapons, but if there is a certain interest for them I’ll update the list. I did not include any other crafting mod (the effects of [Over] or [Rapid] are too complicated to calculate).
Anyway, the results are colored red if the weapon deals less and green if it deals more damage than the current one selected in row 7. There’s also a rank (column O)and the difference vs. the current weapon (column S). Columns P and Q show the the copied values and the actual difference vs. that value.
The sheet in the tab Compare sorts the different weapons by DPS.
Please check the Infos tab for further information like release notes and how to get in contact to report bugs etc. I really appreciate any help to improve the WDC.
– The Weapon Damage Calculator is (and probably will always be) work in progress.
– Since STO does not provide the formulas used for damage calculations most of the stuff used in the spreadsheet is the result of reverse engineering.
– I don’t own all consoles and sets so some values are taken from STOWIKI or ingame tooltips.
– Please remember that any DPS value calculated by this tool is a theoretical (raw) value. Every shot fired is actually modified by the distance to the target, resists, debuffs and buffs. Equipment also has some “soft” features, i.e. an Ancient Obelisk core will add more raw DPS than a spire core. But the spire core will reduce energy drain and thus improve your ship’s performance.
– there may be some copy/paste errors
2.52e 2017-05-29 Special weapons from missions and reputation will be automatically selected. Still work in progress. Attack Pattern Alpha’s CrtH&CrtD are now adjusted by the uptime.
2.53e 2017-06-07 CrtD and CrtH from skillpoints
2.54e 2017-07-14 Synergistic Retrofitting 2-Part set added
2.55e 2017-07-21 More sets and consoles
2.56e 2017-08-01 Minor edits