(Screenshot by @tiberiusjp, thanks for it!)
here is our suggestion for the legendary Defiant. Like the Ferang Build, it we will use Screenshots to show the builds. They are focused on using Cannons but Beams could work decently too.
Here they are for Cannons:
For Beam Overload:
For Fire at Will + Torpedo:
In case of survivability issues, replace Eng Team 1 with Emergency Power to Weapons 1 and replace Emergency Power to Weapons 3 with Reverse Shield Polarity 2.
Doffs (for all builds):
- 3x Technician: Auxiliary to Battery CD Reduction (required, could be obtained via B’tran Cluster chain for free or via commendation ranks store)
- Energy Weapon Officer: Chance for CRTH (expensive, rare is usually good enough)
- Energy Weapon Officer: Chance for CRTD (expensive, rare is usually good enough)
- Emergency Conn Hologram: CD Reduction for Evasive Maneuvers (phoenix store, just get one!) and/or
- Shield Distribution Officer (Agent Nerul): Attack Pattern Beta restores hull when firing (delta
operations pack, 12k zen pack. just use him when you have him) and/or
- Space Warfare Specialist: When activating Eng or Tac Boff Abilities, 20% Chance to get 10% of your outgoing damage as heal for the next 10 hits (if you don’t own Agent Nerul)
- Fabrication Engineer: Increase Duration of Reverse Shield Polarity (Only useful when using Reverse Shield Polarity!)
- Elder Malik’itan (Warfare Master, Gamma Recruit, ground slot): Increase damage vs All (if you have him, slot him!)
- Neal Falconer (Ground Warfare Specialist, Phoenix store, ground slot): Increase damage vs Borg (just get one, it’s not a mistake 😉 )
- Assimilated DOFFs like 20/22/25/27 of 47
Personal Space Traits
Here’s a list with some useful traits. Which one you use depends a bit on the mission.
- Fleet Coordinator (free)
- Superior Beam/Cannon Training – Basis version for free, superior version obtainable at K-13
- Inspirational Leader (exchange or Infinity Lockbox)
- Duelist’s Favor (exchange or Infinity Lockbox) – more interesting for cannon builds
- Into the Breach (exchange or Infinity Lockbox)
- Point Blank Shot (Episode: House Pegh)
- Terran Targeting Systems (exchange or Infinity Lockbox)
- Context is for Kings (exchange or Infinity Lockbox)
- Adaptive Offense
- A good day to die (Exchange or Infinity Lockbox) – Great for Tacs
- EPS Overload (Exchange or Infinity Lockbox) – Kinda must-have for Engs
- EPS Manifold Efficiency (free) – Very useful for Engs
- Photonic Reinforcement (exchange or Infinity Lockbox) – Great for Sci Captains
- Romulan Operative (free) – Only for Romulans
- Infiltrator – mandatory for Remans on Warbirds
Other helpful traits
- Fluidic Cocoon (Exchange or Infinity Lockbox) – Only if you got hit by torpedos
- Give Your All (Lvl 15 Engineering R&D School) – for fluffy captains
- Repair Crews (Exchange or Infinity Lockbox) – another anti-fluffy trait
- Advanced Targeting Systems (Dyson T2) +16% CrtD on Rank I or +20% CrtD on Rank II
- Precision (Romulan T2) +4% CrtH (I) or +5% CrtH (II)
- Tyler’s Duality (Discovery T4) +CrtH depending on your hull capacity
- Energy Refrequencer (Iconian T2) – more heals, awesome and i would highly suggest to use this one.
- Controlled Countermeasures (Temporal T4) +addtional DMG against controlled targets => Only for A2B Builds
- Tactical Advantage (Dyson T2) – more Armor Pen
- Magnified Firepower (Gamma T4) +5% DMG (I) or +6,3% DMG (II)
- Enhanced Armor Penetration (Delta T2) +5 Armor Pen (I) or + 6.3 Armor Pen (II)
- Emergency Weapon Cycle (Arbiter/Morrigu(crossfaction)/Kurak)
- Withering Barrage for Cannons (Valiant/Malem(crossfaction)/Kor)
- Redirecting Arrays for Beams (Tucker/Tebok(crossfaction)/Klothos)
- Entwined Tactical Matrices for Beams and/or Torps (Gagarin / Qugh)
- Superweapon Ingenuity for Beam Overload (Xindi-Primate Ateleth Dreadnought Cruiser – Lobi)
and then choose 3 of them:
- Weapon Emitter Overdrive (Vaadwaur Juggernaut)
- Cold-Hearted – Must have for A2B (Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raider Winter 2017/18)
- Superior Area Denial – If you don’t have A2B or the raider or as an addition (Mirror Universe Engle-class Strike Wing Escort/Infinity Pack: Starship Trait)
- Vaulting Ambition (Styx Terran Dreadnought Cruiser)
- Promise of Ferocity (Thozyn/Vandros/Xechas)
- Calm Before the Storm (Cardassian Intel Flight-Deck Cruiser)
- Strike from Shadows (Shran Escort)
- Improved Critical Systems (AoY Event)
- Super Charged Weapons – if you’re using a torpedo (Kopesh Tactical Dreadnought Warbird, crossfaction or one of the other Tactical Flagships)
- History Will Remember (Support Cruiser T6)
- Improved Unconventional Tactics (Strategist Spec, Discount version if you don’t have anything else to use)
- Superior Command Frequency (Command Spec, Discount version if you don’t have anything else to use)
Weapon mods as always, crtd or dmg, epic mod: crtd/dm. Pen is good too if you’re using crafted weapons.
Other gear used: Colony deflector, Competitive Impulse Engine, Discovery Reputation Warp Core and Shield.
Weapons used: Quad Phaser Cannons, Prolonged Dual Cannons, Terran Task Force Dual Heavy Cannon, Targeting or Sensor-Linked Phaser Heavy Cannons, Trilithium Turret, Gamma Rep Turret, Targeting or Sensor-Linked Turret
Weapons used Advanced Piezo Polaron Plasma Cannon, Altamid Plasma DHC/DC, Altamid 3 piece and Biomatter Turret (Lobi).
Weapons used are Terran Task Force DHC, Spiral Wave DHC/DC, Targeting Linked Omni+Turrets.
Instead of Competitive Engine and Discovery 2 piece you could use a Combat Impulse Engine [Spd]x4, a Deuterium Stabilized Core (both crafting) and the Crystal Matrix Shield (Episode: Para Pacem) or a regenerative or resilient elite fleet shield. In addition, Locator Consoles could be used instead of Colony Consoles or even for the first start normal Polaron Phase Modulator consoles. Defnitly use the morphogenic console for the 3 piece set!! Cannons are from Lukari Rep, 3x Dominion DC (reward from 2600er story arc), Morphogenic Set from Gamma Quadrant Arc, Turret from Gamma reputation and the Heavy Chronometric Turret (episode Time and Tide, Future Proof Arc)
This is an example of a beam overload build with 3 Spiral Wave Disruptors, an Advanced Isolytic Plasma Dual Beam Bank and the Disruptor Wide Angle Dual Heavy Beam Bank. Sadly you can’t use a third omni-beam, but the KCB plus Borg console works great with overload builds. The Terran Task Force Beam array can also be used as a front weapon. The 4 locators are [Beam]. With two Lobi consoles and the DPRM this build quite expensive, but if you’re rich enough, add the Altamid Omni instead of the targeting-linked in the picture. The Phaser Wide Angle Dual Heavy Beam Bank is a better choice because it gets +15% Phaser damage from D.O.M.I.N.O. Craft a Deuterium-Stabilized Warp Core with [W->A] and [Bat] if you need an extra -5% to weapon energy cost. Use /bind Tab Target_Enemy_Near_ForArc 90 for better aiming.
The ships can be used for any faction and profession.